Two of my favorite things are gardening and creating art. As a gardener and an artist, I love the colors, the smells, the peace and solitude that my time spent in the garden and in front of a canvas, brings to me. As an artist, I endeavor to express my love of nature in each of my pieces. I try to capture the beauty created by an undeniably talented God.
View my art at www.sharenchatterton.com

Monday, January 10, 2011

More January Sketchbook Challenge -Highly Prized

I have three dogs, Sigh my Wiemar, Berney and Gracie my two Yorkies, I absolutely love, love, love them. Dogs are just precious, they love me unconditionally, they hang out with me in my office and my studio, just wanting to be where I am. They provide so much comfort and understanding, without so much as a single word. These three are so highly prized in my life; here is a sketch of Sigh and one of Berney, I did both a few years back in watercolors and last night I did a little sketch of Gracie as she laid in my lap. I really need some help on my lettering, but drawing her in the position she was in, was hard, but I had a great time trying to get it right. I used graphite, colored pencils and felt tips on her sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment