Two of my favorite things are gardening and creating art. As a gardener and an artist, I love the colors, the smells, the peace and solitude that my time spent in the garden and in front of a canvas, brings to me. As an artist, I endeavor to express my love of nature in each of my pieces. I try to capture the beauty created by an undeniably talented God.
View my art at www.sharenchatterton.com

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sketchbook Challenge end of January

Hopefully tomorrow we will have our February theme for the Sketchbook Challenge. I have really been sketching a lot in my sketchbooks this month, I am enjoying it so much. My sketchbooks give me an opportunity to try new things, finish a piece in a much shorter time, and it also gives me a quick burst of success and renewed energy.  I have really enjoyed looking at the work of so many creative folks and the tips and techniques on the sketchbook blog spot have been so inspiring. Well, enough said, the image above is my Creative Muse Calliope, I had so much fun creating her. I also did a watercolor and a self portrait. Enjoy.




3 comments:

  1. This is my first visit to your blog. I enjoyed seeing some of your work. You use many styles very effectively and well! Welcome to EDM! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Fabulous work! Welcome to EDM! I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, I haven't got the hang of EDM yet, but looking forward to being a part of the group.

    ReplyDelete