Two of my favorite things are gardening and creating art. As a gardener and an artist, I love the colors, the smells, the peace and solitude that my time spent in the garden and in front of a canvas, brings to me. As an artist, I endeavor to express my love of nature in each of my pieces. I try to capture the beauty created by an undeniably talented God.
View my art at www.sharenchatterton.com

Sunday, February 6, 2011

February Challenge-Opposites

I chose to do butterflies for the February theme for the Sketchbook Challenge, of Opposites. I love painting flowers and butterflies. I think they are extraordinary, a wonder of God's miraculous creations. Their wings lying opposite each other on their bodies are so beautiful. I used watercolors and a black felt tip pen to create the black swallowtail, the painted lady and a couple of monarchs that are not technically accurate, but pretty.  I also made an attempt at some pansies in watercolor. Thanks for looking, would love to hear your comments.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful work. God must work his creative magic through your hands. Truly Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete